Friday, November 27, 2009

Hoarding

One of the questions I am asked most often is "how did you organize all that material for The Snowball?" Fortunately, I had five years to do it. There are some interesting things in there that I continue to ponder, and will share with you as time goes by on aliceschroeder.com. I hope you enjoy it.

Meanwhile, my sister Elizabeth has referred me to a TV show called Hoarders. I've never seen it, but it's apparently about people who need interventions before their lives are wrecked because they can't get rid of anything. What's ironic about my struggle to declutter and deal with all that material is that it came from researching the life of the ultimate hoarder, Warren Buffett. He claims to have "not saved much," but if that's true, he created more paper in his lifetime than anyone except perhaps a U.S. president.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    Snowball is such a great piece of work and so well written. Did Warren ever acknowledge or validate your 1999 Paine Webber float methodology?

    ReplyDelete